Residential Solar Water Heating Contractors
Hawaii Energy’s solar water heating Participating Contractors are pre-qualified by our program and must abide by strict standards. Contractors must be insured, licensed and in good standing with the Better Business Bureau. Randomly selected systems must also pass inspections.
Hawaii Energy Participating Contractor Standards
When you work with a Hawaii Energy Participating Contractor, you can be assured that your contractor’s home visit will include:
- An analysis of your hot water usage
- A calculation of your anticipated energy savings
- A bid/cost estimate for a complete installation
- An instant deduction of the newly increased Hawaii Energy rebate of $750 from the installed cost of your system
- Randomly selected systems must also pass inspections
Tips on Choosing a Contractor
Choosing a contractor can be a difficult process, but it is a key step in making your home more energy-efficient. Here are a few tips to select the right contractor for you:
Shop: Get at least three assessments from Participating Contractors gives you a variety of price points and professional perspectives.
Do research and read reviews: Being informed will help you make your purchasing decision easier and hopefully give you peace of mind.
Ask your neighbor: Getting advice from someone you know and trust is always a good idea. Odds are their system sizing and needs will be similar to yours.